May 16, 1514


Throughout all of my journeys so far, there has been one constant that cannot be dismissed, and is the on factor which people use to achieve their goals and, ironically, is the basis of what they achieve in those goals; and that is obviously money. With my first few voyages, particularly going with Christopher Columbus and funding my journey to Puerto Rico, the wealthy King Ferdinand took care of all of the vast expenses, in the belief that at the end of the day he would profit. Not only would Spain and all Spaniards benefit from the finding of new lands, but they would also profit from an honor standpoint, as we would be accredited with the findings, bringing much glory to Spain. Now however, I feel that though the Fountain of Youth is merely a possibility, I wish to find it, but I am not sure if I will receive the funds necessary to complete the task, which is why I will have to sacrifice my own personal wealth, in the hopes that I will achieve a greater wealth.