April 19, 1513


I have had many exciting adventures while I prowled the ravenous seas surrounding this new land, but none of the stories that will be told of my journey can match the things I have experienced and seen here. The various animals that I have encountered interest me greatly, such as many alligators and crocodiles that practically frighten me as much as they intrigue me. There are not just large beasts such as these, but also various little critters that scatter the beautiful landscape, which include frogs, armadillos, and the majestic deer. The native tribes that we have met have not been so inviting, as we are sometimes attacked by members of the Calusa and Timucua tribes, I fear that they may one day be the death of me! The only problem is that they reside by the resources necessary for us to populate the region, so they will need to be disposed of eventually.