April 11, 1512


Though my life is not nearly on the way down, I have not suffered much pain or taken many personal losses until this day. Sure, while I was in the military people died left and right, but I came out of the skirmishes just fine. I was stripped of my title by by King Ferdinand due to some political mishaps but was it reason enough? How are we to keep the peace or fully assimilate these people into our culture or way of life if we o not show them reason to fear us? Whatever I do, I do so that they will convert to our religion, doing a generous service to Spain and even more importantly God. No matter, in the end I will have my glory and I shall reap the benefits. I am already thinking of what I shall do to regain my honor, as I have heard whispers among the air of an island with a fountain that bestows eternal youth among all who bathe there, and I intend on finding it.